Holistic therapy programs such as meditation, yoga, animal-assisted therapy, and creative writing are becoming more popular for treating addiction to alcohol and other addictive substances. A holistic rehab center focuses on the body and mind’s healing powers to enact real change while promoting sober living and teaching clients how to live a healthy lifestyle. A holistic therapy program is just one part of a comprehensive treatment program that uses behavioral therapy and medical support to treat the addiction.
Enrolling in a holistic rehabilitation center allows for safe recovery from addiction to cocaine, heroin, alcohol, cannabis, or other substances. When you first arrive at a treatment center, they will run a full assessment of your physical and mental health to create an effective treatment program specific to your symptoms. Programs can include group and private therapy sessions where you will work with a trained therapist to develop new coping skills for managing your symptoms and triggers. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or other mental health disorders, search for a holistic therapy program near you today to start your recovery journey.
How Can a Holistic Therapy Program Help with Addiction?
Addiction therapy programs that use holistic therapy are very effective in treating addiction and showing clients how to live without drugs or alcohol. It focuses on the physiological and psychological connections between the thoughts that trigger cravings and the behaviors that are created. One type of holistic therapy is cognitive-behavioral therapy or CBT. This is one of the most widely-accepted therapy programs for treating addiction and many other mental health disorders.
Other types of holistic addiction therapy that can benefit the recovery process include:
- Physical exercises such as running, hiking, swimming, and yoga
- Reiki healing
- Aroma/auditory therapy
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Creative writing/journaling
- Creating music
- Nutrition education
There are several different types of holistic therapies that can support addiction recovery and a healthy lifestyle. As you work through your holistic addiction treatment programs, you will discover which holistic therapy works best for you and your unique symptoms. The skills you learn during holistic therapy will go a long way toward easing the recovery process and your ability to handle any type of stressful situation.
The Benefits of a Holistic Rehab Center
Holistic addiction therapy is becoming more popular as it continues to show impressive results from those who commit to lifelong recovery. Holistic therapy can teach you about healthy eating and which foods promote healing and mental well-being, as well as the benefits of exercise and doing activities that make you happy. Here are some additional benefits of enrolling in a holistic rehabilitation center:
- A better understanding of what led to the addiction – Using cognitive-behavioral therapy and other forms of talk therapy, clients uncover the root cause of the addiction and learn how to process those emotions without triggering any negative behavior. It breaks the physical response that is caused by negative thoughts, a traumatic past, emotional, physical, or sexual abuse, peer pressure, and other common reasons people abuse drugs and alcohol.
- Increases confidence and self-esteem – Addiction can lead to depression and anxiety and make people feel like they can’t do anything unless they keep abusing drugs or alcohol. Through various holistic activities and group and individual therapy, clients build new coping skills, learn to be better communicators, gain a more positive self-image, and have a healthy new outlook on life. As they discover how they can be happy and enjoy life without drugs or alcohol, the more confidence they will have in maintaining lifelong sobriety.
- Better relapse prevention – Addiction is a lifelong illness that is treatable, but symptoms can appear randomly even years after your last drink. That is why it is imperative you continue talking with a therapist for as long as necessary and practice the holistic techniques you learned during rehab. These skills will make abstaining from drugs and alcohol much easier, no matter what life throws at you.
Enrolling in a holistic rehab center is the best way to start your addiction recovery. Addiction treatment requires a multifaceted approach that combines behavioral and holistic therapies along with medication to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and cravings that get in the way of the recovery process.
Choose Addiction Treatment Programs That Use Holistic Therapy for Addiction Recovery
A holistic addiction treatment program utilizes the best forms of therapy for treating addiction to alcohol, cocaine, meth, or other dangerous substances. These programs teach clients about the dangers of addiction while showing them their internal strength and motivation to stop abusing drugs or alcohol. It also provides family therapy so clients can heal broken relationships and learn how to create a stable home environment. If you are ready to stop letting your addiction rule your life, search online for a holistic rehab center near you today.